In 2014, Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg announced that very soon it would become impossible to correspond without Messenger via the social network’s official app on mobile devices. And he kept his word.
If you have the Facebook app installed on your device, then you already know that the company offers to download Messenger to send messages. There is no other option.
Many people don’t want to install a “second” app of the same social network. It’s inconvenient: you have to switch between them during the call. Yes and it will require a lot of free space on your smartphone.
What can I do to send and read messages without Messenger?
One way is to open the Facebook page on your mobile device through the web interface.
- After logging in, you will see the messenger icon where the chat icon used to be.
- Once you click on it, you will be prompted to use it to communicate.
- Uninstall by clicking the cross in the upper right corner of the window that appears.
- A list of contacts with whom you correspond will appear in front of you.
Now you can read your colleagues’ and friends’ Facebook messages in the usual mode, without installing the messenger.
The second option is to use the Lite version of the Facebook app. After enabling and logging in, click on the messenger icon and a list of contacts with correspondence history will open.
If you’re an active Facebook mailing, it’s worth trying installing Messenger. You’ll have to switch between apps while you’re texting.
To make a final decision, take advantage of this chat feature:
- create groups and communicate in them;
- send photos, videos, and voice messages;
- free calls to Messenger users;
- to play with friends;
- to send money;
- exchange location information with your contacts, etc.
The menu offers users several options for colorful “stickers” to display emotions.
If your smartphone has limited space for storing programs, there is a Lite version for “unnecessary” but necessary application, without which you cannot correspond. It will require a maximum of 10 MB.
Whether to use this chat room or not is up to you.